A small step...the giant leap*dreaming*

I am back :D, after a busy week *whew*!!!

Feeling refreshed after 4 days of extreme brain activity!
I am talking about my interview with IBM ISL. It all began with the development discussion with my managers in IBM. Following the discussions, I started to look around for internal job postings... my eyes always on ISL;) , been drooling abt it for long.

After an exhaustive search I was able to find contacts in ISL. *thats secret **shhh!* . Heehee, I am not gonna publish it.

Discussed the movement with ze contacts and forwarded my profile. I never expected such a quick response, people I am in India! Hmm, things happened pretty quick, on Friday I got a call from one of the Managers in ISL ,"when can you appear for an interview on c/c++/os/testing ?"
Dis tym I was knocked outta my senses!

Since the excitement would kill me, i decided to take it at the earliest, got the appointment for Monday @ 1700 IST!

Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning were like, I dont know how to describe it, my dormant brain cells sprang to action, helping me read any c/cpp/os stuff that came my way and trying hard to retrieve loads of stuff I had read 5 yrs back...it was painful to clean up the dusted memory and establish proper neural connections. After hours of hardwork I could feel connections falling into place somewhere in my head.*whew*

Terror!st and Demolish kept a check on me during the preparation, heehee...they know me too well! Bhailog, hope I'll be able to live upto your expectations:)
Kickasso sent me some c/cpp faqs and Terros!st helped me a great deal with OS.

Well, after all the brain blowing excersises, the time came for the interview *sigh* My body temp dropped, I was freezing!

I walked into the meeting room to face 3 panelists - people with 8+ years of experience in IBM!

After a quick intro we entered a tech round, we started with Java, first a Helloworld program! Hey, thats nothing to laugh at, in the last 28 months I have rarely written a line of code! That makes me a fresher *heart broken*
The Shelling lasted for almost 90 minutes and I think I got away with more than 60%!:D
After the first 90 minutes, there was another 30 minutes with the Manager.
They were looking for a 2yr+ experienced guy, that was another heartbreak.
Hmm, now their concern was whether could pick up the project in a couple of months.
I tried to convince them with my PBC Ratings and "thirst-for-knowledge".
Hmm, if they recognise it, I would be selected...it all depends on the result of the tech round. I am optimistic, lets hope for the best . *praying*

I forgot to mention, me blog was honoured, ze Manager peeped in and bookmarked me!:D

Well, that was my first interview on developement skills!

I still remember my interview with Ashish, for GSDC. The first question shot to me was "How good are you at N/W and OS?", next "Whats a DHCP?", "Lease? Explain how the lease is obtained", "Good, ....." a series of bombs followed, and finally "How much do you earn, and how much do you expect ?", " OK, I'll offer you...., glad?" . Remote Administration! that's the word that made me take the offer and join! lolz

I really wish this one was like that! Taking up this interview was a li'l step, if selected, it would be a giant leap! A dream come true!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best dude.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well... What to say? If anyone in our queue here deserves it to ISL then it the 'V'.

Vimal, your process knowledge is unparallelled!!! If you focussed on the process and are the best in it, you can do the same with C/C++/OS as well!!!

I had heard that IJPs are a joke. But this makes me eat my thoughts ;-)

All the best buddy. Captivating narrative. I pray to God that he takes you to the best place at the best time.

ViMaL said...

@Bharath & Mohammd, thanks much buddy!:) Its you guys who have always helpd me progress.

kickassso said...

glad to know i was of some help :)

btw, "thirst-for-knowledge" ROFL... I know, I've used it too , but bottom line is , it means you're an idiot ;)

and DHCP and lease and stuff, I learnt all that going ~x( about my asianet connection!!!!! thankfully, bsnl is way better on that front!

and about management scrutinizing your blog... DO THEY DO THAT????!!!! EEEK! *runs out to write some geeky stuff to bore and drown all those rants*!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
A libran. In love with life, life sucks at times! With a passion to travel far and wide...love to see the beauty around me. Bloginality describes me as a INFP. My blogger code: B7 d+ t- k+ s++ u+ f i o++ x+ e+ l+ c (decode it!) More? read on...

Visitor Density

Locations of visitors to this page

Followers